Building History 1834 - 1951
PRESIDENT ANDREW JACKSON
at the "historic auctions " held July 17, 1837, Lots 6 and 7 , upon which this building stands, sold to the highest bidder for $36.00.
Acquired title in 1857 and built this residence the same year. It was used as a commissary by the Confederate Army in 1862. After the battle of Fayetteville, April 18, 1862, it was held by union soldiers.
Bought this property May 27, 1873 and March 22, 1876 sold it to -
DR. JAMES W. JONES
Who in 1883 deeded it to his brother
THEODORE F. JONES
In 1941, A.D. and Margaret Callison purchased the property.
This marker was placed June 26, 1951 by the Washington County Historical Society on the 117th anniversary of the passage of the act of Congress above referred to.